- Booking accommodation
- Booking Fee
- Cancellation of Tenancy Agreement
- Items provided in rooms/apartments
- Room & Building Assignment
- Room Changing/Swapping
- حجز الإقامة
In student housing residences, we provide different services ranging from wellbeing to cleaning services:
- A nurse and a social worker
- Stay-in supervisors
- Daily cleaning services of shared areas in the student housing residences (kitchens in Ahlan and Sahlan)
- Cleaning services of halls and open spaces
- Transport service from and to the Airport
- Weekly shopping trips
- Unlimited maintenance services
- 24/7 security
Student housing residences offer you the following facilities:
- 2 kitchens in each floor (Ahlan and Sahlan buildings)
- kitchens in all apartments in Ahlan 2
- A laundry with cloth dryers
- A gym for female students only, situated in Ahlan 2
- Prayer spaces
- TV rooms
- Study rooms for students renting in Ahlan and Sahlan
- Plenty of spaces for relaxing
Student housing residences are owned and managed by Oman Educational Services (OES).
OES is the owner company of the German University of Technology in Oman (GUtech) and other entities.
When you choose to rent your accommodation in the student housing residences at GUtech campus, you will have to observe a set of terms and conditions stated in the contract you will have with OES. This contract is called ‘Tenancy Agreement ‘.
The tenancy period varies between one semester and one academic year. The length of the semester contract is 20 weeks, while the academic year contract is equivalent to 40 weeks.
The student housing residences contain more than 640 beds distributed among the following buildings:
- Ahlan building, which includes single and triple rooms
- Sahlan building, which includes single and triple rooms
- Ahlan 2 building, which includes quadruple rooms and triple apartments
- Dhiyafa 1, which is the male students’ housing and includes single and triple rooms
- Dhiyafa 2, which is the interns housing and includes double and triple rooms
Exceptionally this semester (Winter 2020) and following the directives of the COVID-19 Supreme Committee in observing social distance, quadruple rooms will not be available for rent during the first semester. You can choose either single or twin occupancy rooms .
Yes, you will receive your booking fee back, if you have:
- completed your tenancy period
- settled all dues
- withdrawn from the online housing system
- invited the supervisor to check the condition of the room
After checking the condition of your room, the supervisor will update the system that the room was verified.
All booking fees are reimbursed, minus any deductions, via bank transfers only, 10 working days after the end of the tenancy period.
It is your responsibility to update your bank account details (bank account number NOT bank card) in the online housing system.
The booking fee is a guarantee that you are seriously interested in renting a room in our student housing residences. It also shows your commitment and helps us reserve a room/bed for you.
The booking fee would NOT be refunded if you choose to cancel your booking.
The booking fee also constitutes a security deposit against unpaid rent during the duration of your tenancy period. You will receive the booking at the end of the tenancy period if you meet certain conditions. Please refer to “Will I receive my booking fee” for further details.
Yes, you are allowed to change the type of your room if you want to upgrade it from a quadruple to a triple room, or from a triple or a quadruple to a single room. You will be able to change the type of your room free of charge during “changing room type period”. This usually happens during the first week of check in to your room. If you want to change the type of your room after the allowed period, you will have to pay an administrative fee of OMR 10 for this service.
You are given the freedom to decide on the type of room you want to rent based on your budget. You are also allowed to choose your roommate you want to live with.
The Housing Unit allocates rooms to tenants based on availability. We first fill up all rooms in Ahlan and Ahlan 2, then afterwards we begin assigning rooms in Sahlan.
If you have booked before the start of the semester, we will assign you to a room after (3) three days from the date of paying the booking fee and at least the first installment of the semester or annual rent. The room number will be confirmed to you by email.
If you have booked a room during the semester, we usually assign rooms as soon as you pay the necessary payment.
- please be aware that we assign rooms during working days only, during these hours:
- 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- You should notify us of you departure from the housing residence through the system. Informing the supervisor or any other person, is not enough to remove your booking records from the system. This has to be done by the tenant.
- You log in by using your user name and password. Under the booking section, you have to click on WITHDRAW to proceed to withdrawal
- You are expected to honour the terms, conditions and the duration of your tenancy agreement.
- If you choose to cancel your contract, you will be required to settle half of the remaining balance. While the booking fee becomes non-refundable.
- You will have to settle any dues and cost of damages, if applicable.
Student housing residences are owned and managed by Oman Educational Services (OES, LLC). The owner company of the German University of Technology in Oman (GUtech).
Your agreement to use the student housing by OES LLC does not interfere with your decision to study at GUtech.
Your contract with OES LLC to live in the student housing is not subject to any decision that may arise during your enrollment at GUtech.
If you decide to leave accommodation, the following applies:
- Send us an email to email@example.com
- Withdraw from the system
- Get the supervisor to check the condition of the room and update the system
- settle at least 50% of the value of the contract
Important note: the booking fee /security deposit is not refundable if you choose to cancel the contract.
- If the booking fee is not paid, the booking will automatically be cancelled within 48 hours.
- If you wish to cancel a booking confirmed with a booking fee, this later is not refundable.
As a courtesy, you can move to your accommodation two days before the start of the official contract date at no additional cost (two free days), which are usually Friday and Saturday.
- The tenant get access to the room/bed one day before the start of the semester, at no additional cost. If you wish to get access to your room/bed earlier that one day, you will have to pay for the additional days of stay.
We activate your University card to allow you to use it as a key to your rented housing.
The University cards for new students are activated before they arrive at the University. You will receive it by supervisors two days before the actual start of the lease agreement, if you choose to arrive 2 days earlier.
With regard to returning students, they must coordinate in advance with the supervisors to hand over their University cards so that we can have them activated for the duration of the tenancy.
No, we don’t guarantee the same room for returning tenants/students.
When your tenancy agreement expires/ends, the contractual relationship between tenants and OES ends. Thus, you will have to make a new contract if your wish to rent accommodation in OES owned and managed residences.
We offer the option to choose between a semester or an annual contract.
The duration of a semester contract is 20 weeks, while the annual contract is of 40 weeks.
You can book online at www.oes-properties.com without having to come to campus in person.
Please follow these steps to book your room:
- Go to oes-properties.com
- Click on Register in the main menu of the page (you may watch this video for help)
- Fill in the online form
- Ensure to use your civil ID number (for Omani students) or your passport number (for international students) as your username
- Don’t forget to add your email address
- Choose a password that is easy for your to remember
- After submitting your form
- We will review all fields and approve your account
- You will receive a notification by email to log in to your account again to book your preferred room
- You will have to pay the booking fee OMR 100 and at least the first installment of the semester
- All bookings must be done online. we don’t accept bookings over the phone or by email.
- The booking fee is not refundable if you choose to cancel your booking. Please think carefully before deciding to book a room in OES student housing residences.
Yes, you can use your own car on campus and park it in the parking lots for tenants, after issuing a special permit for you by the Department of Student Affairs. However, please be aware that the permit does not authorise you to park your car in any other paid parking lots available at GUtech campus.